ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences (172) Practice Tests & Test Prep by Exam Edge - FAQ
Get Instant Online Access Now!
Looking for more information about the exam? Check out our ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences FAQs
Our practice tests are designed to help you master both the subject matter and the art of test-taking. Created to mimic the real exam, our practice tests feature:
- Instant access to your online practice tests - available 24/7
- Timed, untimed, and "study guide" modes
- Detailed explanations for each question
- 20 online practice exams - Thats 2,000 unique questions
Review the information below and if you have any additional questions about ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences practice tests that have not been answered here, Click her to contact Exam Edge Support.
Select Your Test Bundle
ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences (217) Shortcuts
General Exam Info
Study Plan Tips
Why Exam Edge?
Take a FREE Test
Why should I use Exam Edge to prepare for the ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences Exam?
FAQ's for Exam Edge ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences practice tests
We have ten great reasons why Exam Edge is the #1 source on the internet when it comes to preparing for ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences test:
- Comprehensive content: Exam Edge's ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences practice tests are created specifically to prepare you for the real exam. All our ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences practice test questions parallel the topics covered on the real test. The topics themselves are covered in the same proportions as the real test too, based on outlines provided by the Illinois Licensure Testing System in their ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences test guidelines.
- Realistic practice: Our ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences practice exams are designed to help familiarize you with the real test. With the same time limits as the real exam, our practice tests enable you to practice your pacing and time management ahead of test day.
- Detailed explanations: As you complete your practice tests, we show you which questions you answered correctly and which ones you answered incorrectly, in addition to providing you with detailed step-by-step explanations for every single ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences practice exam question.
- Performance insights: After you complete a practice test, we provide you with your raw score (how many you answered correctly) and our estimate of the ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences score you would have received if you had taken the real test.
- Ease of access: Because all our practice tests are web-based, there is no software to install. You can take ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences practice exams on any device with access to the internet, at any time.
- Flexible use: If you must pause while taking one of our practice tests, you can continue right where you left off. When you continue the test, you will start exactly where you were, and with the same amount of time you had remaining.
- Thousands of unique questions: We offer 20 different online practice exams with 2,000 unique questions to help you prepare for your ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences !
- Low cost: The cost of ordering 5 practice tests is less than the cost of taking the real ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences test. In other words, it would be less expensive to order 5 practice tests than to retake the real ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences exam!
- Our trusted reputation: As a fully accredited member of the Better Business Bureau, we uphold the highest level of business standards. You can rest assured that we maintain all of the BBB Standards for Trust.
- Additional support: If you need additional help, we offer specialized tutoring. Our tutors are trained to help prepare you for success on the ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences exam.
What score do I need to pass the ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences Exam?
To pass the ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences test you need a score of 240.
The range of possible scores is 100 to 300.
How do I know the practice tests are reflective of the actual ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences ?
At Exam Edge, we are proud to invest time and effort to make sure that our practice tests are as realistic as possible. Our practice tests help you prepare by replicating key qualities of the real test, including:
- The topics covered
- The level of difficulty
- The maximum time-limit
- The look and feel of navigating the exam
Do you offer practice tests for other Illinois Licensure Testing System subjects?
Yes! We offer practice tests for 54 different exam subjects, and there are 860 unique exams utlizing 80995 practice exam questions. Every subject has a free sample practice test you can try too!
ILTS Content-Area Tests
ILTS Business, Marketing, and Computer Education (216) Practice Tests
ILTS Chief School Business Office (224) Practice Tests
ILTS Director of Special Education (234) Practice Tests
ILTS Early Childhood Education (206) Practice Tests
ILTS Early Childhood Special Education (152) Practice Tests
ILTS Elementary Education (Grades 1-6) (305) Practice Tests
ILTS English Language Arts (111) Practice Tests
ILTS English Language Proficiency (055) Practice Tests
ILTS English as a New Language (250) Practice Tests
ILTS Family and Consumer Sciences (217) Practice Tests
ILTS Gifted Education (ILTS ® ) Practice Tests
ILTS Health Education (211) Practice Tests
ILTS Learning Behavior Specialist I (290) Practice Tests
ILTS Learning Behavior Specialist I - 155 (155) Practice Tests
ILTS Library Information Specialist (220) Practice Tests
ILTS Mathematics (208) Practice Tests
ILTS Middle Grades (5-8) Language Arts (ILTS ® ) Practice Tests
ILTS Middle Grades (5-8) Mathematics (ILTS ® ) Practice Tests
ILTS Middle Grades (5-8) Science (ILTS ® ) Practice Tests
ILTS Middle Grades (5-8) Social Science (ILTS ® ) Practice Tests
ILTS Physical Education (213) Practice Tests
ILTS Principal as Instructional Leader (195/196) Practice Tests
ILTS Reading Specialist (221) Practice Tests
ILTS Reading Teacher (222) Practice Tests
ILTS School Counselor (235) Practice Tests
ILTS School Psychologist (237) Practice Tests
ILTS School Social Worker (238) Practice Tests
ILTS Science: Biology (239) Practice Tests
ILTS Science: Chemistry (240) Practice Tests
ILTS Science: Earth and Space Science (241) Practice Tests
ILTS Science: Physics (243) Practice Tests
ILTS Social Science: Economics (244) Practice Tests
ILTS Social Science: Geography (245) Practice Tests
ILTS Social Science: History (246) Practice Tests
ILTS Social Science: Political Science (247) Practice Tests
ILTS Social Science: Psychology (248) Practice Tests
ILTS Social Science: Sociology and Anthropology (249) Practice Tests
ILTS Special Education General Curriculum (163) Practice Tests
ILTS Speech Nonteaching (232) Practice Tests
ILTS Speech Teaching (153) Practice Tests
ILTS Superintendent (187) Practice Tests
ILTS Blind or Visually Impaired (228) Practice Tests
ILTS Blind or Visually Impaired (for testing through 6/4/2023) (150) Practice Tests
ILTS Deaf or Hard of Hearing (151) Practice Tests
ILTS Technology Education (219) Practice Tests
ILTS Visual Arts (214) Practice Tests
ILTS Assessment of Professional Teaching (APT) Tests
ILTS Professional Teaching K-12 (188) Practice Tests
ILTS Foreign Language Content-Area Tests
ILTS World Language: Spanish (260) Practice Tests
ILTS Test of Academic Proficiency
ILTS Basic Skills Language Arts (300) Practice Tests
ILTS Basic Skills Mathematics (300) Practice Tests
ILTS Basic Skills Reading (300) Practice Tests
ILTS Test of Academic Proficiency Language Arts (400) Practice Tests
ILTS Test of Academic Proficiency Math (400) Practice Tests
ILTS Test of Academic Proficiency Reading (400) Practice Tests
To order full-length tests, or take a sample test, for a different subject: Click on ' Name on the Exam Name' You will be take to the orders page
How do I register for the real Illinois Licensure Testing System?
For up-to-date information about registration for the Illinois Licensure Testing System, refer to the Illinois Licensure Testing System website.
What are the ILTS exams?
You are interested in becoming an educator in the state of Illinois and discover that ILTS exams are necessary.
Exactly what are ILTS?
The Illinois State Board for Educator Licensure designed the Illinois Licensure Testing System (ILTS) exams to determine a candidate's potential to perform as an entry-level educator in the Illinois public school system.
The ILTS exams are administered on paper and, for selected tests, on computer by the Evaluation Systems group of Pearson. The tests are criterion referenced and objective based. The ILTS exams consist of three tests: the Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP), the Assessment of Professional Teaching (APT), and Content Area Tests.
The Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP) assesses knowledge of fundamental skills in reading comprehension, language arts, math, and writing. The four subtests can be taken at a single session of 5 hours or one subject at a single session for 2 ½ hours. The Reading Comprehension subtest and the Language Arts (grammar and writing) subtest each consist of 60 multiple-choice questions. The Math subtest is made up of 50 multiple-choice items, while the Writing subtest is one constructed-response assignment. A candidate must pass all subtests in order to pass the TAP.
The Assessment of Professional Teaching (APT) assesses professional and pedagogical knowledge. Four hours and 15 minutes are given for 120 multiple-choice questions and 2 constructed-response assignments.
The Content Area Tests assess knowledge of content in the specific field in which licensure is desired. Most Content Area Tests are 3 hours and 15 minutes with 100 multiple-choice questions or 3 hours and 45 minutes with 125 multiple-choice questions. Exceptions can be found at the ILTS website at www.il.nesinc.com along with more specific content frameworks for each of the exams.
ILTS scores are available on the ILTS website on the specified score report dates or by email if requested during online registration. All scores are scaled in the 100 – 300 range with a minimum score of 240 required to pass.