Human Resource departments are more important than ever before. In the wake of the #metoo movement, many companies are doubling down on the professionals they hire to promote an ethical work environment. Businesses are eager to hire HR professionals, so it's worth pursuing your certification if you're interested in this field. The Society for Human Resource Management, or SHRM, offers two such certification exams. With the right amount of studying and SHRM practice tests, you're sure to launch a bright career in human resources.The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is a worldwide professional society that has been the leading provider of resources to meet the needs of HR professionals and promoting the advancement of the management of human resources. While not the only professional Human Resources organization, SHRM is one of the most respected in the business. Should you decide to sign up for their tests, SHRM practice exams are worth pursuing.
SHRM awards certificates for the Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and the Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP). The SHRM-CP exam measures the level of competency and knowledge expected of early to mid-level HR professionals. The SHRM-SCP measures the level of competency and knowledge of a senior-level HR professional. SHRM test prep is recommended for anyone thinking of taking these exams. While it's certainly possible to take the SHRM tests without studying or preparing, the high cost associated with the exams makes a failing score hard to swallow. Save yourself valuable time and money by taking plenty of SHRM exam practice tests before the real thing!
Both exams have eligibility requirements that include specific education and work experience criteria. These requirements can be found by visiting www.shrm.org.
Even if you meet the requirements for the SHRM-SCP exam, the SHRM-CP may be your best option depending on your current professional needs. The SHRM-CP is tailored for the HR professional that is involved in an operational role, while the SHRM-SCP fits the HR professional that is in a more strategic role. The SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK) can be helpful in deciding which exam best fits your professional needs. It describes behavioral competencies and HR knowledge needed to effectively perform both operational and strategic roles. You will find it by visiting www.shrm.org.
Members of SHRM can take either test for $300, which includes a $50 application processing fee. Those who are not members of the organization pay $400 for test registration. Should you need to retake the test, it will cost you the full amount to sign up again. Given how expensive these tests are, it's a good idea to undergo extensive SHRM exam prep before sitting for the test.
SHRM's tests are comprised of 160 questions. Both exams are computer-based. Four hours are allotted for the 160 multiple-choice questions. About 60% of the questions involve HR-specific knowledge with the other 40% being scenario-based in which application and decision-making skills are assessed. Credit is given for correct answers only. While more than one answer might address an issue presented in the situational judgment portion, only the best possible response will be awarded credit for being correct. The exams both include 30 field-test questions that do not count toward your score. A provisional pass/did not pass result is issued before leaving the testing center. The range of possible scores is 120 to 200.
A passing SHRM test score requires a thorough knowledge of industry best practices, familiarity with the exam format, and no shortage of self-confidence. If you're serious about advancing your career in Human Resources, it's definitely worth investing a few hours in SHRM test prep. Our practice tests are a great way to begin.
In order to show off your skills on the SHRM exam, you'll need to figure out what you don't know. Identifying gaps in your Human Resources knowledge base can make studying easier. There's no quicker way to learn about your blind spots than taking our SHRM practice test
New users receive a free sample practice exam for insight into just how valuable our resources are! Get started today and see your SHRM scores skyrocket.
For more information, you can check out the SHRM factsheet.
It’s not hard to see why so many people are looking to the Human Resources field for their careers. A fast-growing industry with unlimited growth potential, Human Resources offers people the chance to help others while earning a reliable income. Those who have a passion for teamwork and problem solving can find real joy in HR.